A creative branding agency in Central London is looking for a full-time Web Developer to join their Development team.
They have a diverse range of clients, both in the UK and abroad, and work with B2B, B2C, and FMCG brands.
You must be able to deliver work to tight deadlines, have good communication skills, and work well within a team. You will also be expected to work accurately from visual designs and have experience managing projects from start to finish.
The ideal candidate will have at least a year of experience in WordPress development, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of building Custom WordPress Themes.
You will be involved in a mix of projects, ranging from brochure websites to e-commerce stores. Working closely with the many people who make up the team (designers, project managers, and fellow developers).
- A confident developer who brings fresh ideas through a variety of digital mediums.
- Committed and focused work ethic.
- Highly-self motivated.
- A proactive and clear communicator who can adapt for non-native development people.
- Comfortable liaising with clients and managing expectations.
- Comfortable working across multiple projects and managing time across the associated workload.
- Naturally collaborative and open-minded with a strong belief in continuous learning
- 2+ years of experience (preferably in a creative environment).
- WordPress / PHP Experience.
- Ability to create custom themes in WordPress.
- Experience developing responsive websites.
- A working knowledge of Gutenberg and custom blocks.
- Knowledge of version control tools such as GIT.
Nice to have’s, but not essential:
- Experience using WPBakery/Visual Composer.
- Experience using a preprocessor such as SASS/SCSS/LESS using Gulp/Webpack.
- GIT Workflow principles.
- WordPress plugin development.
- Familiarity with working in a component/modular-based development.
- Experience building email templates.
- WP-CLI experience.
- Knowledge of JAMstack Development.
- 24 days holiday (3 days to be taken at Christmas and a day off for your birthday).
- Company Laptop.
- Flexible working – we understand that with creativity, comes comfort.
- Monthly Socials.
- Discretionary Annual bonus.
- Company pension contributions.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience (preferable in a creative agency environment)
- WordPress / PHP Experience
- Ability to create custom themes in WordPress
- Experience developing responsive websites
- A working knowledge of Gutenberg and custom blocks
- Knowledge of version control tools such as GIT